WWDR 2021 and related Executive Summary and Facts and Figures:
1) Monitor and follow up on the internal planning and production process of the World Water Development Report (WWDR) 2021; provide inputs on how to strategize the report and supporting publications.
2) Support WWAP (Process Manager) during the submissions of the publication proposal of the World Water Development Report (WWDR 2021) to the Publication Board
3) Support WWAP during the review and drafting phase:
a) Compile and prepare the version for comments by UN-Water, and once returned for draft by lead agencies and contributors;
b) Prepare the files for anti-plagiarism verification, liaise with the Editor-in-Chief concerning the outcomes; and
c) Prepare the final version for Endorsement
4) Verify the references (bibliography) and sources of maps, tables and graphs during the reviewing process as planned by WWAP:
a) Drafting phase: Cross-check if complete referencing is provided by the authors; liaise with authors if required;
b) Pre-copyediting phase: Check the accuracy of the references and sources provided, prepare the reference list and source lines for figures/maps and graphs for copyeditor; liaise with authors if information is still missing and proposing alternatives, where necessary; coordinate with authors, Editor-in-Chief and Process Manager in preparing the version for the copyediting;
c) Post-copyediting phase: Proofread the copyedited references and source lines in accordance with UNESCO style; and
d) Pre-printing phase: Proofread the references, source lines and credits in the layout version in accordance with UNESCO style.
5) Support WWAP during the ISBN submission to UNESCO DPI and request for permissions to use external material:
a) Verify/double check the sources of external material like maps, figures and tables provided by authors and contributors, and liaise with the authors and contributors if required;
b) Liaise with publications offices of organizations, commercial publishers and other organizations to request for permission to use copyrighted material in accordance with UNESCO policy; and
c) Follow-up on permission requests; collate all granted permissions for the final ISBN submission to UNESCO DPI and research alternatives if permission is denied in cooperation with the authors, Editor-in-Chief and Process Manager.
6) Support WWAP during the copyediting and proofreading phases:
a) Update the WWDR guidelines for copyediting in cooperation with the Editor-in-Chief;
b) Draft terms of references for copyediting and proofreading;
c) Prepare files for copyediting and proofreading; and
d) Liaise with the copyeditor during the copyediting and proofreading phases for questions and clarifications.