Expression of Interest
Requirement: Environment Engineering Firms/ Individuals for technical guidance
Indo-Global Social Service Society (IGSSS) is a non-profit organization working with the mandate for the humane social order based on truth, justice, freedom, and equity. Established in 1960, IGSSS works for development, capacity building and enlightenment of vulnerable communities across the country for their effective participation in development.
IGSSS is implementing different projects in Maharashtra on environmental resilience which involve soil water conservation, nutrition, drinking water and WaSH, sustainable agriculture, afforestation, and other issues at the ground level. We believe that Nature Based Solutions and integrating the local wisdom with scientific knowledge is the most sustainable in the long run. Apart from this the interventions must be technically correct, aligned with different national programs and policies and cause no harm to environment in long run.
IGSSS invites detailed CVs and profiles of interested agencies/ individuals/ freelancers/ consultants, preferably women or transgenders, with below skill set and proven experience of:
- Environmental planning around Drinking Water, WaSH (specifically around ODF, Community toilets, liquid-solid waste management), Community Afforestation, Rejuvenation and Conservation of Water Bodies
- Working with nature-based engineering solutions by recognizing local know-how and integrating it with scientific knowledge.
- Involving community for identifying local issues and designing nature-based engineering solutions
The consultant is expected to:
- Develop appropriate projects (on WaSH, Drinking Water, Community Afforestation, Water Replenishment) in identified 11-12 villages (cluster villages) of Dharmabad Block, Nanded in due consultation with District/ Block Administration, Panchayat and Community
- Conduct consultations using participatory qualitative tools (FGDs, Maps, PRA techniques, etc), secondary data analysis and quantitative tools as and where needed to develop above said projects
- Identifying collaboration opportunities for the above developed projects with existing Government Programs in the targeted area for better convergence
- Provide detailed project activity report along with following details:
- Detailed budgeting (Rate estimations/ Bill of Quantity (BOQs) for each action)
- Maps/ designs and technical specification to be used for further implementation of projects
The assignment has to be started by December 15th, 2023, and will be completed by January 31st 2024
Interested consultants/institutions are requested to send in their detailed study framework, methodology, timeline, budget plan and past credentials along with Profile/ CV to [email protected] by 25th November 2023.
Steps & Timeline:
|1||Signing ToR||By 10th December 2023|
|2||Submission of plan/ methodology/questionnaire/ checklist for study||By 20th December 2023|
|3||Field visit, FGD, Interaction with farmers and stakeholders – Different Government DepartmentsData collection and analysis||By 30th December 2023|
|4||Submission of draft DPR for review of IGSSS||By 20th January 2024|
|5||Submission of final report||By 25th January 2024|
|6||Submission of invoice||By 31st th January 2024|
Name of Authority:
Indo Global Social Service Society (https://www/igsss.org)
Opening and screening of EoI :
- Submission of EoI does not guarantee that the EoI will be accepted.
- IGSSS will inform the shortlisted consultants.
- Personal canvassing is strictly prohibited.
Signing of ToR:
After the final selection, IGSSS and the selected consultant will enter into agreement as per the existing norms, rules and regulation of IGSSS.
|Job Email id:||hr(at)igsss.net|