Chief of Party (WASH)
DAI seeks Chief of Party (COP) candidates for anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene activity in Tanzania. The program will strengthen the resilience and performance of the WASH sector through integrated attention to rural and urban water service provision; sector financing; sanitation and hygiene markets; and water resource management. The COP will provide the strategic leadership and management necessary to delivery tangible and sustainable results in partnership with government, private sector, and other development partners.
- Provide overall project vision and leadership with a focus on sustainability and collaboration
- Foster and maintain effective, professional working relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation
- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, financial, operational, administrative, and logistical aspects and delivery of high-quality work products and deliverables
- Develop and maintain a positive working environment for the team that invites collaboration, innovation and open communication and knowledge sharing
- Responsible for compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and DAI policies and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional and project leadership experience in water sector reform and service improvements, water resource management, integrated WASH, sector finance or other related field
- Advanced degree in engineering, water and natural resource management, public administration, or a related field
- Prior experience with donor-funded projects, preferably USAID, and knowledge of donor procedures, policies, regulations and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams, and working with partners, to deliver results
- Past Chief of Party experience highly desirable
- Fluency in English and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience with gender and youth integration preferred
- Experience working in Tanzania required; Tanzanian citizens preferred