DAI seeks Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) opportunity in Zambia. The program will facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, and strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens’ engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western and Muchinga Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes.
- Provide overall project vision and leadership with a focus on sustainability and results.
- Foster and maintain effective, professional working relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation
- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, financial, operational, administrative, and logistical aspects and delivery of high-quality work products and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a positive working environment for the team that invites collaboration, innovation, open communication and knowledge sharing
- Responsible for compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and DAI policies and procedures
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional and project leadership experience in water sector reform, private sector development, enterprise development, citizen engagement, integrated WASH, sector finance or other related field
- Advanced degree in engineering, water or natural resource management, economics, public administration or a related field
- Prior experience with donor-funded projects, preferably USAID, and knowledge of donor procedures, policies, regulations and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams, and working with partners, to deliver results
- Past Chief of Party experience highly desirable
- Fluency in English and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience with gender and youth integration preferred
- Experience working in Zambia required; Zambian citizens preferred