The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Capacity Building, Acquis Transposition and Planning for Environmental and Climate Change Action Sector” in Montenegro.
The overall objective of the project is to support Montenegro’s alignment with the EU acquis of the accession negotiations, as well as to increase the Institutional Administrative Capacity.
The purpose of this contract is to support the Transposition process and develop the Institutional Capacity for Strategic Planning, Implementation and Enforcement of Environmental Acquis, in line with the Action plan for the National Strategy for transposition, implementation and enforcement of the EU acquis on Environment and Climate Change 2018-2020.
The Environmental EU Acquis Transposition Senior Expert will provide technical advice and support for supporting the Transposition process to EU Acquis, including secondary legislation, rulebooks, etc., strengthening the capacities of the relevant institutions in particular what concerns Legal Alignment to the EU Acquis for Environment and Climate Action.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in humanities/social sciences, environmental science, but preferably in Law (at least 4 years of completed university studies attested by a diploma), a Master degree will be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of Montenegrin language will be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in legislation drafting and/or institutional reform in an EU Member State, candidate or potential candidate country for Environment and Climate Action Sector.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in EU accession process and national legislation harmonisation with the EU acquis, especially related to drafting, coordination and/or implementation of the accession related strategic documents for Environment and Climate Action Sector;
- Participation as key/non key expert/consultant in minimum 1 project related to designing and delivering trainings related to EU accession process and harmonisation of national legislation with EU acquis
- Working experience in environment sector in Montenegro or in the countries of region will be considered as an advantage.
The services under this contract shall be performed in Podgorica, Montenegro. The target area to be covered by this project is the whole territory of Montenegro, and there might be a need for short term assignments of experts outside Podgorica.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date (indicative 300 working days, out of which minimum 80% shall be spent in Montenegro).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.