Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. This program will expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services through the following four objectives: 1) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; 2) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; 3) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and 4) strengthen basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources. The chief of party will provide strategic vision, leadership, and management to the project. This position will be based in Tanzania. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead and manage the project to ensure seamless program implementation
- Ensure program compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, cooperative agreement requirements, and Chemonics policies and systems
- Coordinate with and maintain effective working relations with senior host-government stakeholders, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, and U.S. government agencies
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating climate that encourages integrity, honesty, open communication, and compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Oversee the program, with overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners
- Advanced degree in engineering, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH, infrastructure and financing, or utility-reform programs, or in other related fields
- Strong working relationship with the government of Tanzania and relevant ministries; strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with gender and youth integration in project implementation preferred
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred
- Tanzanian citizen and/or extensive experience in Tanzania preferred
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter at https://chemonics_nb.formstack.com/forms/tanzania_wash_recruit by July 2, 2020. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. If you have any issues with the form, please reach out to [email protected] — however, please note that no applications submitted to this email will be considered.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.