ECODIT is seeking a Director to join its Home Office (HO) in Arlington (Rosslyn), Virginia and lead the firm’s Environment/NRM programs. The Environment Director will supervise project managers and support and monitor the design and implementation of projects across ECODIT’s Environment/NRM portfolio and geographic regions. The Director also will play a key role in expanding the Environment/NRM portfolio. Specifically, the Environment Director will assume the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of environment/NRM project activities through regular communication with Chiefs of Party (COPs), team leaders, and project managers in the HO and in field offices;
- Assist with the identification and mobilization of high-quality long- and short-term personnel for environment/NRM projects, including drafting employment and consultant agreements and coordinating with ECODIT Contracts and Administration personnel, as needed;
- Conduct field visits to project sites, as needed to monitor progress, provide advisory support and meet with the Client;
- Review, edit and comment on project deliverables and ensure submission of quality deliverables and adherence to deadlines;
- Draft and/or review and edit progress reports for environment/NRM projects;
- Oversee the development and dissemination of success stories and best practices from ECODIT’s environment/NRM projects to internal and external audiences;
- Liaise with clients on behalf of ECODIT, as required;
- Research new business opportunities related to environment/NRM and conduct analysis to inform ECODIT’s bid/no-bid decisions;
- Participate in the preparation of technical proposals for environment/NRM projects, including leading or contributing to the development of technical design, teaming arrangements, etc.;
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating the performance of project managers; and
- Collaborate with other program directors at ECODIT to facilitate linkages across the firm’s core practices.
- Minimum Master’s degree in environmental management, sustainable development, biodiversity conservation, climate change, NRM or another related field;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in designing, managing, and implementing environmental programs in developing countries;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience;
- Experience managing teams of environment professionals to respond to complex assignments, reviewing and commenting on project deliverables, and managing short- and long-term projects;
- Familiarity with USAID’s strategies, policies, and tools related to environment and climate change;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; and
- Fluency in at least one relevant language other than English (e.g., French, Spanish, Arabic) is a plus.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable small business poised for significant growth. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV immediately. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.