Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree (Master/ Doctoral degrees or equivalent minimum) in environmental emergency and preparedness management, natural disaster management or other relevant fields;
- Minimum 10 years of experiences in natural or environmental emergency preparedness, response, and management in regional setting, especially in water quality related issues in transboundary river basins like the Mekong River Basin;
- Demonstrate good knowledge of regional emergency response mechanisms and tools for maintaining suitable water quality in transboundary rivers like the Mekong which the MRC Member Countries are parties to will be an advantage;
- Strong experiences in dealing with national, regional and international river basin organizations;
- Specific knowledge and experience in international development cooperation and transboundary resources management;
- International experiences and relations, and regional knowledge of the Mekong River Basin;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to negotiate constructively shared position in a Mekong or/and Southeast Asia institution and cultural context; and
- Fluent in English, verbal and writing and strong analytical skills.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/updatingChapte4. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 26 June 2020