Australia nationals: Senior Team Leader Climate Change and Adaptation
About the Role:
The position will lead an exciting work program and team in the Climate Resilience and Net Zero Emissions Branch, focused on delivering climate change adaptation programs and delivering climate information for different stakeholder groups. The position oversights the development of the AdaptNSW website, the AdaptNSW newsletter, the AdaptNSW annual forum, the delivery of the Increasing Resilience to Climate Change grants program as well as user needs assessments from different users of climate information in NSW. The position liaises with a wide range of stakeholders across the community including local councils, the finance and insurance sector, research organisations and non-government organisations.
- Superior knowledge of the operational and strategic requirements for the successful delivery of climate change adaptation operational policy and program in the context of government directions and community settings.
- High level experience to develop, implement and monitor strategic and operational plans to deliver complex programs, with a track record of providing direction and results achievement through multidisciplinary and geographically dispersed teams.
To be successful in the role, ideally you will have:
- Previous experience of managing a small team (5 to 15 people)
- Previous experience in program delivery relating to climate change, science, policy or economics.
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster brings together the functions from the former Planning & Environment and Industry Clusters.
The new Cluster will drive for greater levels of integration and efficiency across key areas such as long term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries. In particular, there will be a redoubling of emphasis on regional NSW.
Please read the following documents prior to preparing you for application:
Good to know:
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from Planning and Environment Cluster and other NSW Public Sector agencies over a 18-month period.
Our Sydney based offices are moving to Parramatta! Find out more here.
Our commitment to diversity and flexibility:
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people and are committed to offering flexible work arrangements where and when possible.
- Complete all the questions in the online application.
- Upload a current cover letter and Resume with your online application. (Candidates must attach their cover letter to their application as the cover letter block has been removed from the online application process)
The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behavioural indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
Applications Close: 11.59pm Sunday 21st June 2020
Should you require further information about the role please contact;
Stephen Bygrave on Stephen.Bygrave@environment.nsw.gov.au.
If you have any enquiries regarding the recruitment process, please contact;
Joe Wehbe on Joe.Wehbe@planning.nsw.gov.au.