Function of the Position:
This is a full-time, professional position that will contribute to the new business, market intelligence, and marketing/outreach functions within the DAI Energy and Resources Group (DAI/ERG). DAI/ERG is a specialized unit that leads DAI’s engagements with clients in the oil, gas, mining, power, and renewable energy sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The percentages below are illustrative and may evolve and/or change depending on the company’s needs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
New Business (60%)
- Coordinate new business efforts by working with technical experts to draft technical proposals, develop budgets, coordinate with partners, and recruit project staff.
- Under the direction of the ERG management team, coordinate the business development efforts of external consultants and assist in developing marketing content.
- Review existing/prospective client procurement portals weekly to identify new business leads.
- Refine standard pitch deck/presentations and proposal templates.
- Develop standardized language for corporate qualifications and technical service offering case studies.
- Maintain DAI/ERG business development tracker.
Market Intelligence and Knowledge Management (25%)
- Conduct market research on existing and prospective DAI/ERG clients as well as partners and competitors. Mine publically available resources for client/partner/competitor information (mostly web-based). Populate DAI/ERG customized client relationship management (CRM) system with research findings on a weekly basis. Ensure other DAI/ERG staff follow standard operating procedures for continuously recording information on client engagements in the CRM system.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for customer/competitor/market research in preparation for client meetings and other pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Survey social media accounts of existing/prospective clients as well as key industry publications for news that may generate new business leads. Disseminate key industry/company developments to DAI/ERG team on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the DAI/ERG calendar of external industry events and support DAI/ERG staff in preparing to attend, sponsor, and/or speak at said events.
- Manage DAI/ERG’s technical and new business libraries by ensuring all information is up to date, logically organized, and easily accessible to all DAI/ERG staff.
Marketing and Outreach (15%)
- Support development and maintenance of DAI/ERG marketing materials and collateral. This includes executing a cohesive strategy for external and internal communications materials and ensuring consistency with the DAI/ERG Style Guide.
- Produce content including unit-wide and technical product/service-specific marketing materials, quarterly newsletters, success stories, and articles in industry publications. Follow DAI/ERG Communications Action Plan for content distribution.
- Maintain content for DAI/ERG online presence (DAI website, social media).
- Identify, select, and collaborate with third-party vendors to support content development, as needed (e.g. graphic designers).
Additional duties as deemed necessary.
- Grade 5: 2 years of professional work experience and a Bachelor’s degree OR a Master’s degree.
- Grade 6: 3 years of professional work experience and a Bachelor’s degree OR 1 year of professional work experience and a Master’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and team-focused work environment.
- Willing and able to travel internationally and domestically (up to 10%).
Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Experience with business development for private sector clients, including market research.
- Fluency in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Familiarity with the oil, gas, mining, power, and renewable energy industries
- Familiarity with email marketing management systems and client relationship management systems.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
- Advanced working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Eagerness to work in a start-up environment
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans