GEOSCIENCE Support Services, Inc. is one of the premier groundwater consulting firms in California and we are seeking an entry level, but well-trained, groundwater modeler to join our team of professionals. You will be working in a supportive and fun environment with a staff of around 30 people—and be involved in a range of challenging and high-profile groundwater modeling projects.
Participates in the development of groundwater models with team of modelers to address groundwater management issues and communicate these results to Geoscience clients in presentations and reports. This involves data collection and analysis, model construction, calibration and predictive scenario runs for various projects. Leverages existing calibrated models, such as the Integrated SAR Model and CWD DWRMA. May provide guidance to less experienced team members.
Essential functions of the job are listed below. Other responsibilities may also be assigned. Please note that the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Supports Groundwater Modeling studies for GSPs wellfield development, impact and feasibility assessments, which includes developing groundwater models.
- Draws upon best practices and company standards in executing project responsibilities
- Participates in data collection and analysis, implementing model input file compiling, model runs, and model results analysis.
- Participates in development of well-calibrated surface and groundwater models, conducting predictive model runs, analyzing water balance, analyzing model results, & performing QA/QC to ensure accuracy of data and model input files.
- Interfaces with team members regarding modeling assumptions and results.
- Supports preparation of reports ensuring accurate data and model results, well-organized contents, and Geoscience standard formatting on tables and figures.
- Participates in modeling results and generating related technical presentations and reports.
- Participates, as appropriate in the company’s marketing and business development activities, including generating proposals.
The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- Equivalent of a Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Geology, Hydrology, or Environmental Engineering
- Prior related experience
- PC skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, GIS (Arc, QGIS, GRASS), MODFLOW, MT3D, WinHSPF, Google Earth Pro)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.63 - $36.06 per hour
- Multiple locations
- Monday to Friday