Resources for the Future (RFF) is an independent, nonprofit research institution in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement.
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented intern to join our Research and Policy Engagement team up to 35 hours per week (a minimum of 15 hours per week), starting as soon as possible and continuing through the end of the calendar year, with the possibility of extension. This individual will be an important contributor to the project management of ongoing RFF research projects and will be central in our ongoing efforts to manage partnerships, playing a critical role in supporting the administration of our current partnership with NASA, and supporting a new institutional strategy for engagement with Congress and government agencies. Candidates with an interest in project and data management, using CRM databases, economics, or environment and energy policy will be especially well suited for the role. This position pays $15 per hour and can be completed remotely.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will be responsible for providing administrative support for our VALUABLES Consortium team which will include:
- Helping the team prepare for quarterly calls and virtual meetings with key external stakeholders through scheduling, preparing materials and note-taking
- Support the VALUABLES and Communications team in workshop planning for virtual and off-site meetings
- Working with the Finance and Administration department to process expense reimbursements
- Supporting annual reporting to NASA
- Compiling newsletter content
- Working with RFF’s communications team to monitor the impact of the VALUABLES consortium, including tracking presentations and publications of members
In addition, the intern will also support the Research and Policy Engagement department’s efforts to manage research projects and track relationships with key individuals at Congressional offices and government agencies. Responsibilities will include:
- Using D365 to enter and track reporting deadlines and project summaries deliverables
- Help RFF operationalize a stewardship strategy for government agencies by completing a summary of our previous work with government funders and conducting research on government agencies that will help RFF identify additional opportunities for government grant funding
- In partnership with Development and the Research and Policy engagement team, help ensure robust tracking in D365 of RFF’s engagement with the staff of key government agencies
- In partnership with RFF’s Public Affairs lead and our Communications team, help ensure robust tracking in D365 of RFF’s engagement with Congressional records, including tracking contacts and meetings and help establishing data management protocols for the future.
Special Education/Experience Requirements
- Independent worker, comfortable with taking initiative and asking for help alike.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Experience using Dynamics 365 or similar CRM management tools would be beneficial in this role.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well in teams, with strong collaboration and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Eager to learn, interested in opportunities to improve processes or procedures for improved efficiency and impact.
- Experience working with external partners and audiences preferred.
- A high level of discretion; experience in working with confidential or sensitive information preferred.
- Interest in economics and/or energy and environmental issues and policy preferred.
Interested applicants should please submit a current resume and a cover letter that tells us why you’re interested in working at RFF and includes the days and hours you will be available to work. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume via www.rff.org/about/careers. We will only contact references for candidates who are finalists.
Due to the anticipated volume of interest, we are unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding this position. RFF is an equal opportunity employer. People are RFF’s greatest asset, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value the unique contributions of each member of our community and foster an environment that empowers everyone at RFF to thrive. Applicants of all kinds, who represent diversity that includes but is not limited to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, color, socioeconomic status, gender, physical ability, cognitive diversity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, and personal background, are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor a work-related visa for this position.
Important Notices: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the property.