This role is to support the Global Head of Climate Change and Crisis Management in delivering against key objectives, initiatives and day-to-day activities for both Climate Change and Crisis Management.
This is a newly formed independent group within Risk Management that reports directly into Citi’s Chief Risk Officer and which has 2 key areas of responsibility, both Climate Change and Crisis Management.
It is charged with the build out of best in class capabilities for managing financial risks associated with Climate Change at Citi. This group will provide the strategic roadmap and execute the plan for integrating Financial Risks of Climate Change into existing Risk governance and risk appetite frameworks. It will also assure regulatory compliance through the identification of current and emerging risks, provide the tools for managing portfolio exposures throughout Citi and architect structures for providing oversight and independent challenge of Citi’s evolving 1st line Climate Risk management processes.
In addition, the group is responsible with further developing and institutionalizing the unique toolkit and governance processes which Citi uses to manage portfolio risks in anticipation of and during periods of severe franchise duress, be it at a country, regional or global level. This group works alongside existing risk management and business management teams to deliver optimal and decisive responses leveraging the knowledge and approaches used in Citi’s extensive and successful experience in managing such challenges over many years, in many jurisdictions.
Responsibilities includeliaising with all businesses, relevant Risk segments, managing reporting, escalation and governance and development MIS in relation to both Climate Change and Crisis Management.
Responsibilities will primarily consist of supporting the Global Head of Climate Change and Crisis Management in a number of areas:
- Supporting the overall Global Climate Change and Crisis Management deliverables
- Support the introduction of a common global toolkit for Emerging Market crisis management
- Build on existing data reporting which will enable real time standardized, auto population templates for managing challenged country triage events.
- Support the communication format for regulators, senior management and Board reporting of country related crisis events and climate change.
- Undertaking project work in relation to climate change risk, management of country stress events etc.
- Support the production of MIS specifically for activities related to climate change and crisis management
This role will provide unique visibility, be cross-functional in nature and provide exposure to different businesses, products and risk types. The position involves a significant amount of interaction with senior management and subject matter experts plus direct involvement in a variety of the critical strategic projects within Citi globally.
The candidate will gain a strong understanding of both climate change and crisis management and how senior management manages these risks within Citi.
Opportunities also exist to broaden the breadth of cross firm experience across the products and functions in a risk role.
- Knowledge of Financial Services
- Risk management background (preferable)
- Experience in strategic planning and project management
- Senior leadership experience of teams in different locations, preferably in a global / complex / matrix organisation
- A proven track record of liaising across diverse stakeholder groups; including senior managers, and large firm networks.
- Candidates without the depth of technical expertise required but with an extensive organisational knowledge of regulated activities and products and a detailed knowledge of the firm’s management and operating structure will also be considered.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with a commanding and convincing delivery and the ability to synthesize complex concepts, translate into ‘user friendly’ language and effectively present in long-form documents or slide format.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to understand drivers and overcome barriers.
- Highly numerate, with strong quantitative and spreadsheet skills, with the ability to analyse, work with, interpret and present large amount of data in a readily digestible format using the latest charting/diagrammatic presentation techniques.
- Will be conversant in the organisational skills demanded in order to operate in a large global company
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume and complex environment with changing priorities with a practical solutions-driven approach
- Strong quantitative skills, particularly around statistics and strong attention to detail
Likely to be educated to degree level and/or professional qualification
- Self-starter, ability to quickly assimilate and analyse large amounts of information across a variety of topics
- Proven ability to partner and collaborate across an organisation, excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills, with the ability to build relationships, partner effectively and build a strong internal network across functions and throughout the global Risk network together with the matrix at all levels of the organisation
- Strong tenacity and resilient under pressure and self-motivated in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Highly engaged, strong attention to detail, and outcome oriented
- The role demands a strong work ethic, willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’, with a tireless work ethic.
- Strong analytical problem solving and the person should have a high level of integrity to deal with highly confidential data.