U.S. nationals: Research Hydrologist/Geneticist/Soil Scientist (Research Leader)
U.S. Agricultural Research Service
Riverside, CA, United States
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
The incumbent will serve as a Research Leader for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Water Efficiency and Salinity Research Unit (the Unit) at the U.S. Salinity Laboratory in Riverside, CA.
Learn more about this agency
- Determine research needs and customer expectations; plan, conduct and report original research; establish Unit research priorities.
- Coordinate and direct interdisciplinary team efforts and supervising scientists within the Unit.
- Develop budgets and accounting for proper expenditure of funds and other resources assigned to the Unit.
- Manage/maintain U.S. Salinity Laboratory (USSL) facilities.
- Represent the Unit and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS) in discussions with producers, stakeholders, collaborators, other scientists, and the general public.
- Establish domestic and international cooperative research linkages.