The Green Investment Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of the Readiness programs and applies his/her specialized technical knowledge to ensure efficient and timely delivery of the Readiness Programs. The position provides day to day technical support internally as well as to relevant government and other counterparts.
GGGI Indonesia closely collaborates with the Fiscal Policy Agency (FPA) under the Ministry of Finance (MoF) to provide technical advice and consultancy relevant to climate finance and investment. GGGI also supports the the FPA in its capacity as the National Designated Authority (NDA) for the Green Climate Fund (GCF) in Indonesia.
In its role as the NDA, the FPA has nominated GGGI as the Delivery Partner to design and implement two GCF readiness and preparatory support programs (“The Readiness Programs”). The first and the second readiness program will be completed on 31st December 2020 and 31st December 2021 respectively. The Readiness Programs consists of a wide range of activities to achieve big four readiness outcomes:
- Institutional coordination mechanism to coordinate climate finance focal points established;
- Stakeholder engagement relevant to country programming strengthened;
- Direct access to climate finance strengthened; and
- Climate finance mobilized.
The Green Investment Officer will report to the Green Investment Specialist of the GGGI Indonesia program and will be located three days per week in the FPA office (there is a specific office space in the NDA). On other days, the Green Investment Officer will be working from the GGGI Jakarta office. He/She should be willing to travel.
The Green Investment Officer carries out analytical and operational work related to GCF Readiness Programs and provides a wide range of support to the Readiness Programs’ different deliverables. The Candidate oversees the development and implementation of multiple components of the Readiness Programs and provides technical inputs. A full list is provided below:
- Institutional coordination mechanism is in place to coordinate climate finance focal points. The position collaborates with the NDA and the consultant/consulting firm to establish a coordination mechanism with other climate finance focal points;
- Stakeholder engagement relevant to country programming. The position supports the NDA in engaging public, private and civil society stakeholders to prioritize project pipeline in accordance with the GCF Country Program Document and during Annual Preparatory Review fora.
- Direct access to climate finance. The position becomes the main focal point to support:
- the existing DAE to develop Concept Notes/Proposal to the GCF;
- the nominated DAE in the accreditation process and increase the readiness of the nominated national entities.
- Climate finance strategy and project pipeline strengthened. The position supports the NDA in expanding the GCF project pipeline in Indonesia, developing a climate finance strategy, aligning the project pipeline of Direct Access Entities (DAEs) and International Accredited Entities (AEs) with the recent GCF Country Programme Document.
The position will spend 80% of his/her time to deliver the Outcome 3 and 4 above.
- This position will actively engage regularly with the private sector, civil society, government, DAEs, and other (local) stakeholders. Direct communication with the GCF (on behalf of the NDA or GGGI) is foreseen as well;
- Work as the key climate change investment expert to relevant stakeholders, strengthen these stakeholders’ capacity and provide necessary assistance and guidance to improve green projects initiated by direct access entity. Ensure effective and efficient delivery of related project deliverables;
- Working closely with government officials, (D)AEs and the private sector in implementing the Readiness Programs and/or developing GCF concept notes.
- Coordinate with GGGI colleagues in Indonesia and other countries, especially those working on the GCF readiness programs and green investment;
- Collaborate closely with the FPA staff and the appointed staff of candidate DAEs in progressing with the accreditation process.
- Initiate and conduct relevant workshops, roadshows, and focus group discussions with key national and subnational stakeholders from both public and private sector;
- Develop and initiate climate change projects and prepare concept notes, especially for submission purpose to the GCF;
- Ensure the development of existing and candidate DAEs project pipeline to align with the most recent GCF Country Program Document;
- Support the nominated entities in the accreditation process and increase the readiness of the nominated entities to enhance their accreditation status;
- Initiate, maintain and strengthen relationships with key officials in the government (other than the FPA) and other relevant public and private institutions;
- Provide high-quality climate finance/investment technical advice to the FPA and DAE(s); and
- Independently manage the technical team’s outputs (consisting of staff members and consultants from various fields) to meet challenging timelines and ensure successful quality delivery in line with the agreed outputs;
- Write progress reports for the Indonesia Readiness Programs to the GCF and GGGI.
 The position will work with various technical experts from energy, green cities, forest and sustainable landscape, gender and social inclusion, and communication experts as GGGI staff or consultants.
- At least a Master’s degree in environmental and natural resources economics, development economics, finance, business/ business management, or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in managing government relations, working with NGOs/CSOs, and/or engaging with private sectors;
- Demonstrate knowledge of GCF framework and policies, modalities and procedures, including reporting requirements and guidelines;
- Technical knowledge of climate change, mitigation, adaptation and/or climate financing;
- Experience with the development and structuring of investment projects, ideally in climate change projects;
- Experience in managing team;
- Previous experience with the management of donor-funded activities;
- Demonstrated project and policy experience in Indonesia;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Indonesian and English.
- Proven ability to provide high-quality advice on project development and investments on climate change
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and strategic skills
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships with government counterparts
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate in-depth, outcome oriented, stakeholder dialogues
- Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder engagement and consensus-building skills
- Ability to foster strong relationships with key government agencies and ensure ownership of program’s input
- Commitment to gender equality
- Ability to value diversity in team, counterparts, and related stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and incorporate GGGI value within and outside the organization