This opportunity is open to applicants who have completed or who will have completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within two years of the closing date of this announcement or by June 15, 2020.
This position is also advertised at the GS-07 the announcement number is OS-6016-20-WL-120(RG)
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Office of Restoration and Damage Assessment, Restoration Support Unit, located in Denver, Colorado.
At the full performance level GS-11 the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist senior staff and DOI restoration practitioners in the Natural Resource Damage Assessment and Restoration (NRDAR) Program with planning, design, costing, implementation, and monitoring of habitat restoration and enhancement projects.
2. Assist senior staff in preparing model documents and providing technical assistance to Authorized Officials and NRDAR case teams for more effective and efficient ecological restoration.
3. Assist with issues related to land and water conservation and natural resource restoration, including, but not limited to, aspects of invasive species management, threatened and endangered species management, migratory bird conservation, water quality, data collection techniques, and citizen science.
4. Keep abreast of, contribute to, and assist senior employees with providing training on the techniques and technologies associated with natural resource restoration.
5. Assist in delivering GIS data map products to NRDAR case teams, restoration partners, and the public.
6. Support Restoration Support Unit senior-level staff and case teams with environmental reviews required by the National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, and other relevant statutes.
7. Enter and update the NRDAR restoration project database with restoration accomplishments and restoration milestones, coordinate with case teams to obtain restoration project information, and ensure that lessons learned in restoration implementation are shared among case teams with similar resource injuries.
8. Assist in populating and maintaining an information sharing web-based portal for relevant restoration resources.
9. Assist in maintaining the Restoration Support Unit’s electronic and hard copy case files and library resources.
10. Assist in document production including word processing, formatting and technical editing.This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.