Contract Length: Two year fixed-term
Base location: Manila, Philippines.
Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. Oxfam sa Pilipinas has been working in the country for over 25 years. In the Philippines, our goal is to contribute to the eradication of poverty by supporting women and other vulnerable groups in saving lives and building livelihoods, enhancing their resilience to crises, shocks and stresses, and making their voices heard to hold duty-bearers accountable.
Oxfam sa Pilipinas has recently undergone a transformation to its business model in order to respond to a changing external environment and to focus on strengthening partnership as a primary modality for delivery of programmes. As part of this restructure we are also focusing on the technical areas in which we can add the most value within the Philippines and have identified continued work within climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction (CCARR) as one of those key areas.
If you’re a senior development professional with a credible track record in CCARR, looking to take the next step in your career with an exciting global organization then this could be your role.
As the CCARR Advisor (Manila-based) you will lead the organization in furthering our work in this area. You’ll forge strong relationships with partner organizations and other relevant actors to ensure that Oxfam is able to add significant value in the area of CCARR in the Philippines
Using your well developed project management skills you will work cross-functionally to ensure effective project delivery, working collaboratively with partner organisations and communities to achieve this.
What Skills Are We Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge of the Philippines political and economic landscape. S/he will have had significant experience of CCARR programming in the Philippines and be an accomplished professional with an in-depth technical understanding and commitment to a rights-based approach. Wide experience working in partnership with a variety of stakeholders is crucial, as is a demonstrated ability to take a service oriented attitude to partnership. The ideal candidate has to be proactive, a problem solver and keen to try out new things. Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English and Tagalog is also essential.
You will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Degree in natural resource management, disaster risk reduction, environment management, climate science or a relevant subject
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in design, development and execution of natural resource management for community development projects with government agencies, civil society, and/or NGOs
- Strong skills in planning, implementation and management of DRR and multi-sectoral disaster preparedness, and integrated development activities
- Substantial experience designing and implementing climate adaptation programs
- Demonstrated experience in policy analysis and policy dialogue on CC/ARR issues for sustainable development.
- Extensive experience in vulnerability and humanitarian situation assessment
- Significant professional experience and knowledge in gender response and programming
- Solid understanding of the links between CC/ARR and poverty related issues in the Philippines
- Strong interpersonal skills and a highly developed ability to work in multicultural settings and with community groups of varying backgrounds; developed capacity for tact, diplomacy and negotiation
- Demonstrated capacity to apply a service oriented approach to working in partnership and cross-functionally
- Familiarity with institutional donors such as DFID, EU(ECHO), DFAT, SIDA, OFDA, and UN
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in partnership with experience of working with a wide variety of partners
- Solid experience of writing high quality proposals and concepts notes
- Mature understanding of transformation derived from direct experience in a development and/or humanitarian context
- High level of influencing skills with proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Sound understanding of programme management with experience across a range of program types
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity for CC/ARR programming in partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into CC/AAR
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement opportunities for innovation
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Filipino
- Masters degree in natural resource management, disaster risk reduction, environment management, climate science or a relevant subject
- Experience with tender and consortium bid development and management
- Previous experience working with private sector actors including securing funds
- This post will be Manila-based with regular travel to field sites and occasional international travel
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/5116/description OR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number 3057. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. In your application please ensure that you address your suitability towards the outlined selection criteria, in order to be shortlisted.
Closing Date: December 19, 2016
Interviews will be held first week of January.