No of Vacancies
2 (No of positions may vary as per requirement)
Nature of Work
Coordination and Technical Support
WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), Hyderabad since 1999 is a network based organisation focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. It engages actively in policy advocacy initiatives at state and national level mainly related to rainfed areas. WASSAN has contributed substantially to development of watershed policies in various states and at Government of India. WASSAN is also working with various partners in different States as part of RRA Network on rainfed agriculture related agenda.
WASSAN is partners with the Government of Odisha for the Special Programme for Promotion of Millets in Tribal Areas. This is being implemented in 72 blocks of 14 districts of Odisha. The project aims to improve millet production through organic/sustainable agriculture practices, set up processing units, provide market linkages throughs farmer collectives and include millets in state nutrition programmes.
The District Project Coordinator will coordinate with NGOs, Community organisations and government officials in the villages of the project area of the concerned District. Following are some specific tasks:
• The District Project Coordinator will support ATMA, NGOs and CBOs on organic millet cultivation, consumption, processing and market linkages.
• District Project Coordinator will be responsible for training management, regular field visits and handholding support to NGOs wherever necessary.
• District Project Coordinator will be responsible for daily project management - both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project.
• District Project Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating monthly review of the program by District Administration and ATMA.
• District Project Coordinator will be responsible for reporting on project progress vis-à-vis indicators in the log-frame to ATMA at District Level and State Secretariat at State Level.
• Any other work assigned by the organization.
Desired Candidate Profile:
1. Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Agriculture & Allied Sciences with 2 years of field experience in sustainable agriculture practices.
2. Candidate with a Master’s Degree in Rural Development/Social Work/Tribal Studies/ Agribusiness with at least 4 years of experience in sustainable agriculture are also eligible to apply.
3. Experience of working on millets would be an added advantage.
4. Candidate must have experience of working with NGOs and Government officials.
5. Candidate should be self-driven in bringing in new ideas.
6. Candidate must be well versed with MS Office, indicator preparation.
7. Candidate will be stationed in the district and has to travel extensively for field visits and to Bhubaneswar as per the need.
8. Candidates with experience of working in Odisha will be preferred.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Odia is a must. Working knowledge of Hindi is an advantage.
Salary offered is in the range of Rs. 3.5-5 lakhs per annum, commensurate to qualification & experience of the candidate.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must send their latest resume/CV and cover letter mentioning their motivation for the job and the specific skills and experience that makes them suitable for the job. Last date for submitting applications is 10th June 2020 and they must be sent to indicating “Application for District Project Coordinator, Odisha Millets Mission” in the subject line.
Candidates who have applied or appeared for any interview within last 6 months will not eligible to apply.
WASSAN is an equal opportunity provider and encourages professionals from marginalized communities and women with the relevant experience to apply.
WASSAN retains all rights to reject applications or withdraw the job offer without providing further information. WASSAN may or may not recruit the applicants for the job.