U.S. nationals: Wetland Conservationist/Soil Conservationist/Soil Scientist (Compliance Coordinator)
This is an interdisciplinary position that will be filled either as a Wetlands Conservationist, Soil Conservationist or Soil Scientist. The final official title will be assigned based on the qualifications of the incumbent. The position is assigned to the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), State Office, Soil Sciences Staff.
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as team leader of the State Compliance Team (CT).
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the team leader of the state Highly Erodible Land Wetland Compliance (HELWC) Specialist Team.
- Ensures that Highly Erodible Land (HEL) and Wetland Compliance (WC) technical determinations, activities, and reviews are conducted in compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
- Develops, recommends, and coordinates new or updated HEL and WC policies and procedures to the State Soil Scientist (SSS), and the State Leadership Team.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to NRCS field, area, and state professional and administrative personnel in interpreting imagery, establishing history, and making technical determinations.
- Provides technical expertise in program appeals.
- Serves as a technical soil specialist for highly erodible land, wetland conservation, and conservation compliance.
- Works with appropriate NRCS officials to recommend action(s) to correct deficiencies and make suggested improvements in Agency policies, practices, and procedures based on lessons learned.