Monitoring evaluation and learning advisor
Chemonics seeks a monitoring evaluation and learning (MEL) advisor for the anticipated five year, £20 million to £40 million DFID Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance programme. The programme will support the Pakistan government in strengthening the country’s management of its water to meet future population, agricultural, and economic needs and build resilience to shocks and climate change. Aligning with the Pakistan government’s forestry, water, and agricultural management priorities, the programme aims to improve management and use of water and natural resources to prepare the country for sustained climate resilient growth. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee MEL implementation throughout the life of the programme MEL; support and provide guidance for activity-level MEL into integrated programme activities
- Oversee design and implementation of the activity monitoring and evaluation plan, including data collection, results reporting to meet DFID requirements, and learning activities
- Create, organize, and submit to the team leader the reporting and required documentation and the programme’s contractually required progress reporting and deliverables
- Develop mechanisms for collaborating, learning, and adapting in implementation to actively incorporate lessons and modify approaches as needed
- Develop, with input from technical staff, measurable results and progress milestones
- Support adaptive management and evidence-based decision-making throughout the life of the programme
- Develop and oversee implementation of MEL-related scopes of work, including the sourcing of consulting resources if necessary, development of integrated MEL frameworks and processes, and provision of targeted technical assistance and capacity building related to MEL
- Work with the programme team to develop and oversee implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities, including design and application of a programme-wide MEL framework and process for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting programme results, and a process and database for tracking, monitoring, and evaluating innovative approaches
- Improve use of MEL-generated information and other evidence-based information generated by the programme, to inform adaptive management while ensuring the different needs and roles of men and women are assessed and integrated into all activities through equitable participation of men and women
- Provide technical advice on reporting on the situation of women and children, persons with disabilities, and vulnerable and marginalized groups as required, including responding to ad hoc requests to senior management, government counterparts, the client, partner organization, and others in the areas of drinking water, sanitation, and agriculture
- Contribute capacity development of Pakistan to monitor water, agriculture, and climate change challenges, in collaboration with national and provincial offices
- Contribute to developing capacity within government counterparts and civil society organizations for evidence-based policy, planning, programming, and advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage MEL methodologies, tools, indicators, targets, and results frameworks for DFID or other donor-funded programmes
- Experience implementing systematic, intentional, and resourced approaches to strategic collaboration, continuous learning, and adaptive management
- Strong attention to detail and multitasking and organizational skills required
- Knowledge of climate change and natural resources management, including one of the earth sciences; advanced training, preferably a higher degree, in statistics, land management, natural resource management, or climate change adaptation, or another area with advanced statistics, data manipulation, and analysis; regional work experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Pakistan climate and natural resources politics and networks, DFID Climate, UN-Water, 2030 Development Agenda (Sustainable Development Goals), and Paris Agreement required
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) required; Pakistan nationals strongly preferred
Application Instructions: If interested, please complete the application by attaching your CV and cover letter in the following link – https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/ipwg_me by June 19th, 2020. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.