Chemonics seeks a team leader for the anticipated five year, £20 million to £40 million DFID Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance programme. The programme will support the Pakistan government in strengthening the country’s management of its water to meet future population, agricultural, and economic needs and build resilience to shocks and climate change. Aligning with the Pakistan government’s forestry, water, and agricultural management priorities, the programme aims to improve the management and use of water and natural resources to prepare the country for sustained climate resilient growth. The team leader position is based in Islamabad. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The team leader will lead technical assistance that supports water data advocacy and research, climate change adaptation, and integrated natural resource management. Based in Islamabad, the team leader will drive overall strategy and supervise teams, including providing project management, operations, and financial leadership to improve management and use of water and natural resources to prepare the country for sustained climate resilient growth.
With the support and oversight of the Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance programme management unit director, the team leader will be responsible for:
Operational and technical leadership
- Act as a single focal point for strategic leadership of the programme across all technical components for DFID and relevant ministries and stakeholders.
- Provide overall project leadership and technical direction, while ensuring compliance with DFID requirements and regulations, as well as Chemonics policies and procedures
- Work with the technical leads and other key personnel to promote a coherent and strategic vision with buy-in from DFID and counterparts and stakeholders
- Promote transparency and information-sharing within each country as well as across the programme, to further build partnerships across national and state actors
- Manage and supervise the work of programme personnel and subcontractors, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation
- Respond to government counterpart requests, coordinating with other implementing partners and DFID, as necessary
- Facilitate project work planning and budgeting and assist with the staffing and resources needed to reach established results indicators and targets
- Review draft consultant scopes of work prepared by the technical team or partner organizations, and submit approval requests
- Ensure consultants complete their assignments and submit deliverables in a timely manner
Administrative and financial management
- Plan and track financial and administrative activities with the home and field offices to evaluate implementation needs
- Monitor project financial performance against work plan and life-of-project budgets
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in public administration, municipal governance/planning, law, public policy, finance, economics, political economy, or other relevant discipline
- Extensive knowledge of climate change and natural resources management, including international affairs, political science, environmental studies, sustainable development, characteristics of key sectors such as agriculture, waste management, and water treatment; regional work experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of current research and complexities of the integrated water resources management approach, current regional trends on water security and development, and global climate change processes and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Pakistan’s climate and natural resources politics and networks, DFID Climate, UN-Water, 2030 Development Agenda, and Paris Agreement required
- Relevant achievements in brokering and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and developing and implementing strategies to foster change
- Experience working with the private sector and donors, preferably for the UK government in DFID or FCO or other international donors; team leader, deputy team leader, or similar experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) required; Pakistan nationals strongly preferred
If interested, please complete the application by attaching your CV and cover letter in the following link – Team Leader IPWG by June 19, 2020. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.