CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Our client is looking to hire an experienced Hydro Project Manager in their site, the selected candidate will be responsible to complete the below mentioned responsibilities.
- The Hydro Project Manager is primarily responsible for the delivery of initially a pilot project & subsequently a number of projects associated with the development, maintenance & enhancement our hydro generation plant & will vary in value from approximately £500k to £2M.
- If you are successful you will be responsible for the development of the project scope, preparation of specifications, tender process, project execution & handover of the projects to the operations team.
- If this opportunity is of interest to you please review the experience we require you to have to be successful.
This role reports to the Senior Project Manager.
Key competenciesSkills & experience required:
– Degree in Mechanical or Multi Disciplined Engineering.
– Experience in hydro power or similar industry involving large rotating machinery, pipelines & water control equipment.
– Experience of working within an operational plant, including understanding of safe systems of work, isolation procedures & constraints imposed by production.
– Experience of developing technical solutions through own engineering capabilities & by engaging other engineering support.
– Experienced in the specification & management of engineering contracts, including supply only, design & build as well as site works & installation.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the business on both a technical & managerial level.
– Good teamwork skills & ability to work in multi discipline engineering environment, including flexibility to learn about & manage, other disciplines.
– Ability to managing consultants to optimise solutions with respect to performance, program, quality & cost.
– Ability to follow formal procurement processes, including the review of supplier contracts & successful negotiation of terms & cost.
– Ability to managing project related change, considering & managing technical & commercial aspects.
– Sound knowledge of primary H&S & environmental legislation, particularly Construction Design & Management (CDM) regulations.
This role is expected to manage a team, hence team management experience is required.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
- This role requires the candidate to travel between DRC & Rwanda.
- Candidates with regional experience would be given preference.