The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The CyI invites applications for a Project Officer at the Energy Environment and Water Research Centre (EEWRC). The successful candidate shall be mainly engaged with the development, management and implementation of all administrative and budgetary activities of the Center’s research projects, under the supervision of the Director of EEWRC as well as support and manage the research activities of the EEWRC Water Division.
More specifically, the successful candidate is expected to contribute to the implementation of funded projects and communication with partners with minimal guidance, as well as aiding in the development and writing of research and innovation project proposals.
The appointment will be preferably on a full time basis, initially for a fixed term period of one (1) year, with the potential of contract renewal, depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance to Project Management:
- Support research project oversight
- Support project administration/coordination (timesheets, progress & financial reporting, deliverables, communication with funding organizations)
- Support logistics for events and meetings
- Communicate with project partners and stakeholders
- Proposal preparation:
- Participate in communication with funding agencies, the European Commission and the National Contact Points for getting clarification on various aspects of proposal writing and the relevant regulations
- Support identification of funding opportunities
- Aid in the development and creation of project proposals for research Grants and Services-Tenders.
- At least a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business or Project Management, or Economic/Political/Social Sciences, or European Studies, or Environment-related sciences
- At least 2 years of previous experience in project management
- Excellent knowledge of the English and Greek languages both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office and internet IT tools
- Previous experience in monitoring and reporting of national and EU-funded projects
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a multicultural/multidisciplinary environment
- High level organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred/Disirable Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in financial reporting of funded projects under RIF, H2020, PRIMA, WATER JPI etc.
- Previous experience in a research/academic institution in a related field
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest, and a list of 3 references (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Pierantonios Papazoglou, ([email protected]). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.