Senior Communications Officer
CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a passionate communications specialist to execute and grow CDP’s media, content, and digital work in continental Europe. In this varied role, part of CDP’s global communications team, you will improve our public impact among our key investor, corporate and public sector audiences and contribute to the growth, development and delivery of CDP’s communications strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic business-facing organization, working to get CDP’s key messages, innovation and campaigns across to our key audiences.
The successful candidate will work closely with CDP Europe’s Communications Manager and our global communications team, which is responsible for CDP’s external global communications and marketing. You will be a highly proactive and results-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider global team. The successful candidate will build and implement integrated multi-channel global communications strategies and plans, in line with our strategic plan and the needs of our target audiences.
The role includes:
- Execute media campaigns covering CDP’s work with companies, investors, cities, states, regions and policymakers, including drafting communications plans and press releases, and pitching stories to top tier European media;
- Manage CDP’s relationships with PR agencies;
- Build close relationships with target journalists and maximize media coverage of CDP through compelling news stories and thought leadership;
- Draft opinion pieces and blog content to promote CDP’s core messages to a varied audience;
- Maintaining and improving European visibility on the CDP website;
- Draft and coordinate social media materials in collaboration with our global comms team;
- Develop marketing collateral, design elements and graphics;
- Champion the CDP Brand;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree; Masters preferred or relevant experience;
- 3 years’ work experience, ideally in the non-profit, corporate or investor sector, additional environmental NGO or corporate sustainability experience is an advantage;
- Proven track record in executing successful media campaigns, including drafting press releases and pitching directly to journalists;
- Flawless written and spoken English communication skills, plus fluency in another major European language;
- Experience in drafting and coordinating social media content;
- An independent and proactive approach to solving problems;
- Attention to detail with good research, writing and drafting skills;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability, finance, and/or EU policy making;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe occasionally;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point), CMS and photo/document editing software like Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop, and clear ability to learn new tools quickly.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with the global communications team and colleagues across CDP’s stakeholder teams, and report to the Communications Manager, Europe.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Joshua Snodin, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “Senior Communications Officer – First Name Last Name” in the subject line.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.