Sustainability Director, Group Integrated Supply Chain, Carlsberg Supply Company AG
Do you want to drive down water usage and carbon emissions in an international brewer with a unique purpose, leading brands and an ambitious sustainability program? Then this might be the job for you…
We are looking for a Director to join our Integrated Supply Chain team based in Switzerland, Ziegelbrücke, to deliver on our ambitious sustainability targets within water and carbon.
You will drive the implementation and engagement of our sustainability program, Together Towards ZERO, working closely with colleagues in all functions across our global business to develop investment plans, improvement road maps and activities to take us towards ZERO. You will develop and implement measures to ensure that our breweries globally will reach our targets towards 2022 and 2030. You will be reporting to the VP of Manufacturing Processes and Business Development.
Some travel should be expected as part of the global remit of this role.
- Be an internal and external ambassador of the Together Towards ZERO programme
- Single Point Of Contact on supply chain sustainability matters to Corporate Public Affairs and Group Sustainability team
- Owner of performance reporting on carbon footprint of Beer-in-Hand and water including follow-up with breweries and business stakeholders
- Direct and oversee the collection/tracking/evaluation of environmental sustainability data collection from breweries and value chain carbon emissions using dedicated software (Enablon)
- Content provider for the annual sustainability reporting related to water and carbon performance
- Participate in industry groups aligning on joint standards related to carbon and water
- Channel new technologies and processes into the business
- Participate in evidence and data collection for the annual assurance process
- Owner of carbon and water road maps & targets per site, including managing the planning and implementation of the TTZ Carbon/Water ambitions and initiatives including target settings in all operations, value chain and capital projects
- Trend-spotting and knowledge hub on carbon and water agenda
- Contribute to the development of relevant policies, standards and processes to implement carbon and water actions into the business
- Assist in creation of standards on carbon emissions for main impact categories
- Provide input for prioritization of CAPEX funds for maximum impact on water and carbon reductions
- Create and manage partnerships to drive down water and carbon impact
- Design, develop and implement procedures, initiatives, standards & guidelines to ensure environmental performance and compliance globally to protect Carlsberg Group reputation and control environmental risk exposure
- Provide specific solutions to on-going environmental and sustainability related issues: with focus on environmental pollution, water and energy management, water recycling technologies, renewable energy
- Provide knowledge and input to other functions within ISC for example renewable energy, logistics, scope 3 carbon emissions and other relevant areas.
- Contribute to measuring and managing our beer-in-hand carbon footprint in close collaboration with other Group functions
- Drive actions from supply chain to achieve our beer-in-hand CO2 reduction targets by engaging local markets and other functions.
Our preferred candidate:
- 8-10 years Operational experience in the FMCG/brewing industry
- Subject Matter Expertise in sourcing of utilities
- Advanced understanding of complex organizational interdependencies
- Working experience in a matrix organization
- Highly developed interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to relate well to different people and cultures at all organizational levels
- Communicate with impact having multicultural understanding
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Self-driven, proactive and high energy level
- Act as part of integrated supply chain team member
- Strategic and analytical thinking and holistic mind-set
- Cross-functional project leadership skills
- Strong communication and persuasion skills at all levels in the organization
- Good people/relationship and change management skills
- Innovative and flexible work attitude
- Result and execution focused
- Structured approach to planning and execution
- Solid track record from similar positions.
- Language: Fluent in written & spoken English and at least one other language
If you feel you are ready for such a challenge and meet the above requirements then please send your application, latest by 15th June 2020 directly on our company website.
Learn more about the Carlsberg Group’s work with sustainability: www.carlsberggroup.com/sustainability