Chemonics seeks a water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Local Governance Strengthening (LOGOS) activity in Mozambique. The activity’s overall objective is to support the Mozambican government in decentralizing governance to improve public service delivery at the central, provincial, district, or municipal levels. This position will be based in Nampula. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Directly oversee the activity’s WASH-related interventions
- Guide, coordinate, manage, and monitor interventions designed to build the capacity of participating subnational governments to plan, budget, spend, and report WASH services funds
- Increase the percentage of the population with access to safely managed drinking water and basic sanitation services
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum of five years of experience overseeing WASH programs’ implementation
- Experience collaborating with government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with the public sector in Mozambique preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
Please apply online at https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/mozambique_specialists by Friday, June 5, 2020. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.