etra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Director of Administration and Finance (DAF) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Conservation (WSC) Project in Lebanon. The goal of this project is to enhance conservation and protection of Lebanon’s water resources through improvements to public water and wastewater infrastructure, improved efficiency of water and wastewater management, and conservation of water resources. These are anticipated to be full-time or short-term technical assistance positions based in Lebanon.
Area of Specialization Sought:
* Water and wastewater utility management including: performance monitoring and management; cost recovery, tariffs, and financial sustainability; ERP and IT systems implementation; treatment and network optimization; asset and maintenance management;
* Water utility governance, accountability, and incentive systems;
* Institutional strengthening for decentralized public services provision;
* Master planning, design, and construction management for new and rehabilitated water treatment and distribution, and wastewater collection and treatment;
* Water conservation technology and strategies for domestic, commercial, and industrial sectors;
* Renewable energy and energy efficiency for water and wastewater utilities;
* Private sector engagement in the water sector for cost efficiency;
* Water quality monitoring and management; and
* Water sector capacity building, training, public outreach and engagement.
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree related to the solicited areas of specialization (above), advanced degree is a plus;
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience;
* Demonstrated experience providing technical input or advisory services in Lebanon;
* Professional proficiency in Arabic is required, and proficiency in English is preferred;
* Qualified applicants from Lebanon highly encouraged to apply.