Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 1700 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Join our team in Kraków and be part of highly skilled, multidisciplinary team of experienced flood modellers, hydrologists and GIS specialists. You will have the chance to be the hydraulic/hydrologic modeller who works on projects related to drainage networks, SuDS, river channels, reservoirs in different spatial scales: local, regional and country-wide. This exciting opportunity to cooperate in international project teams will provide you with perfect possibility do develop your theoretical knowledge and practical skills in exceptional atmosphere and support from our team.You will support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across Poland, the United Kingdom and many other countries.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
On this position you will:
- Undertake hydraulic modelling on a range of flood risk and water resource management related projects ensuring models meet the needs of clients
- Be responsible for processing spatial and model results in GIS standards
- Develop technical skills across the team and support junior staff
- Identify and deliver technical innovation in order to improve efficiency of project delivery
- Communicate modelling outputs to internal and external clients
- Develop your skills in programming (Python) and/or data process automation
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
- Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations initiatives like Women’s Network, Career Network, Green Team, Toastmasters, sport clubs)
- Full time employment contract and Benefits package with private medical care, life insurance, My benefit platform, Multisport card and other
- Personal development opportunities including but not limited to a range of professional trainings ( post-graduate studies, English lessons)
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental/Earth Sciences or other closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in InfoWorks software
- A keen interest in working with 1d and 2d modelling software and the application of industry standard GIS software
- An awareness and understanding of hydraulic behavior of drainage structures and modeling limitations
- Good verbal and written English skills