This position is located in Everglades National Park, in the South Florida Natural Resources Center.
This is a permanent full time career/career-conditional position.
This position is located in the South Florida Natural Resources Center, a unit of Everglades National Park in Homestead, FL. This position serves as a Hydrologist on a National Park Service unit with responsibility for watershed-scale land management, hydrologic evaluations and technical assessments within the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Program.
For further information about the duties of this position contact Previous entries listed: Direct inquiries for job information to ENP Human Resources Office: (305) 242-7764.
- Conduct technical hydrologic assessments based on model and observational data to guide the development of policy positions for the local park units.
- Provide a variety of hydrologic recommendations for regional watershed management programs.
- Serve as a liaison with other state and federal government entities in the development of restoration alternatives with hydrologic or water quality impacts.
- Interpret established policy and regulatory guidance when advising on current or future water management practices.
- Prepare technical reports on a variety of complex projects involving analysis of data collected and the environment from which it was collected.
- Develop and share policy positions with government and tribal organizations or other interested parties through oral and written communication in formal and informal settings