The Project Officer – Legislation Support position provides an opportunity to support a program of work to improve the operation of water markets. You will be part of a project team responsible for the development and implementation of Victoria’s water market and entitlement policy, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Your work will support an implementation program that is complex and must be completed within a limited timeframe. The position will also support priority technical works licence assessments in line with the Minister for Water’s announcements.
- Provide specialised regulatory and legislative advice on the water sector policy and operations in accordance with the Water Act 1989, and
- Oversee the statutory process associated with the review of instruments, with particular emphasis on licences under the Water Act 1989.
- Provide policy and legislative analysis and advice on issues related to the Water Act 1989 to the project team, project control board, Ministers, Secretary and DELWP Executive.
Work to support the program is complex and must be completed within a limited timeframe. Strong project management skills, an understanding of water resource management and an understanding of regulatory and legislative arrangements within a policy context will assist you in delivering this role.
You are self-motivated and a creative thinker with high-level conceptual and analytical skills, capable of tackling complex issues. Your flexibility, team-focused approach and excellent communication skills enable you to effectively work with others.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in engineering, economics, science, natural resource management, or equivalent.
- An understanding of Victorian water resource management is required.
This is a fixed term position available for a period of 12 months.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description, including the Specialist/Technical Expertise/Qualifications and Knowledge and Skills sections.
For further information please refer to the attached position description.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 11 June 2020.