What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $107,807 (Step 01) to $156,512 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Salary is dependent upon duty location.
As the Associate Director of Studies within the New England Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Supervises, directs, coordinates, and plans the work of scientists and support staff conducting a wide variety of water resource investigations.
- Works with section managers to identify the most effective manner for completing project work and with senior managers to provide organizational leadership. Fosters a positive and constructive team environment.
- Conducts strategic scientific program and resource planning and execution focusing on needs of the customer. The scope of work is commensurate with available resources, and products are technically sound and timely.
- Solves complex technical, organizational, and interpersonal problems with rational and effective decision making.
- Promotes and maintains close working relationships with Federal, State, and local agencies for the scientific understanding and management of water resources.
- Operates a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver.