About the Position: This position is with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Galveston District, Engineering and Construction Division, Hydraulics & Hydrology Reservoir Control Branch, Water Management Section, located in Galveston, TX;
- Position may be filled at the GS-09 or GS-11 level full performance level.
- Recruitment Incentive may be offered.
- Is assigned as the Water Management Hydrologist performing the following major activities:
- Coordination for developing hydrologic data to serve as a basis for regulation of projects. Scheduling of flood control releases from reservoirs
- Scheduling of flood control releases from reservoirs.
- Lake control activities of the District lakes under both emergency and normal conditions.
- Coordination with other agencies or local interest controlling non-Corps projects which effect the Corps lake systems.
- Compilation, writing and edition of water control manuals.
- Coordination for developing hydrologic data to serve as a basis for regulation of projects.
- Coordination and application of data retrieved from the water control data collection system.