Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Wash Specialist, and in coordination with the Health Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical assistance to counterparts at the municipal level with the Environment Division, to strengthen the integrated management of water delivery and sanitation services in the intervention municipalities of the program.
- Provide technical assistance to the Environmental Health Management Program from the Ministry of Health in the process of Water Surveillance tor human consumption.
- Promote at municipal level the coordinated work between the Environment Division, the Municipal Health Headquarters and the District Education Directorate to ensure the provision of water and sanitation services in Health Centers, Child Development Centers and Schools.
- Provide technical assistance and ensure the coordination between the Ministries head of sector to elaborate the National Standards on WASH infrastructure in schools (Ministry of Education and Ministry of Environment and Water) and health centers (Ministry Health and Ministry of environment and Water).
- Participate and provide technical assistance to the Humanitarian In-Country Team and the Emergencies Technical WASH board.
- Participate and provide technical assistance in the analysis of the situation of Early Childhood in the municipalities of El Alto and Montero, UNICEF intervention area, in coordination with the other sectors and under the coordination of the Responsible of Result 1 of the new Country Program (Chief Child Survival and Development).
- Support the processes of evaluation and follow-up to the implementation of the planned actions with the sectors involved.
- Support the management and implementation of the ongoing Sustainable Urban Decentralized Sanitation Project (2018-2021) according to needs.
- Provide technical support to the Municipal Counterparts in El Alto municipality and monitor the implementation of the WASH activities planned in El Alto Municipality.
- Identification of indicators and definition of goals.
- Prepare relevant technical reports and at the request of their supervisors.
- University degree in Water Engineering and/or Environmental Health;
- 2 years of minimum experience in health and/or WASH areas;
- Hability to work with Water, Hygiene, Sanitation in articulation with Environmental Health.
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- 2 years of minimum experience in Water, Hygiene, Sanitation in articulation with Environmental Health.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
If you are already registered in UNV’s Talent Pool, make sure your profile is up to date before applying.
Application deadline: 07-Jun-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time