What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: GS-6: $43,560 (Step 01) to $56,629 (Step 10)
GS-7: $48,406 (Step 01) to $62,923 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
There are two vacancies; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
As a Hydrologic Technician within the California Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
– Performs routine water-level and discharge measurements from wells and springs where field conditions require a number of uniform and established methods be followed in order to collect representative data.
– Collects and processes various sediment samples from a drilling rig following well established procedures but under field conditions that require greater attention to detail or various steps to collect representative data.
– Performs routine field water-quality measurements such as temperature, specific conductance, pH, dissolved oxygen and alkalinity on a variety of sample matrices.
– Assists in the construction of a variety of well-head security and data-collection platform structures.
– Performs installation, maintenance, servicing, and troubleshooting of sensing, recording and communications equipment and instrumentation in the field and office.
– Operates a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver.