Contract Duration: maximum 5 years and in any case to be implemented before August 9, 2025
Indicative start date: further specified
EMS is seeking, on behalf of its international client, an individual to act as the International Team Leader for the Simiyu Climate Resilience Project, financed by the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and the German Government through KfW as well as the Government of Tanzania. The total budget of the Project is EUR 171 million as a grant, to be implemented until August 9, 2025. The project aims at increasing the climate resilience of rural and urban house- holds in the Simiyu Region by improving water supply, sanitation and agriculture and at improving policies and regulation for cross-sectoral action towards climate adaptation. If you are a strong leader with experience in water engineering, water construction and proven experience in managing large donor-funded water infrastructure projects, then this role is right for you.
· M.Sc. or MBA or equivalent in a project-related field: Civil or Environmental engineering, water resources management, or equivalent;
· Expert with profound project management experience in internationally funded projects including complex multi-sectoral projects with ESHS challenges;
· Proven international professional experience in the sewerage/water sector;
· Profound project experience, preferably in (Eastern) African countries with similar socio-economic conditions
· >10 years overall working experience
· >5 years’ experience in management of donor funded infrastructure projects (studies, design, accompanying measures for similar sized infrastructure) as Team Leader, Project Manager;
· Strong management skills in particular for large Water Infrastructure projects, Water Engineering, Water Supply, etc. and/or at least of a similar budget (18mln EUR – Technical Assistance and/or 170mln EUR for the implementation);
· Project management for at least 5 projects (inter-national experience) of similar nature in preparation of detailed design & preparation of tender documents for design of wastewater/water systems including wastewater treatment plants/WWTPs;
· Good knowledge of FIDIC (Pink Book / Yellow Book, etc.) conditions of contracts;
· Demonstrated Team Leader experience in Water Infrastructure projects (construction supervision);
· Sound experience in project management of a team composed of international and local experts;
· Excellent command of oral and written English.
*Note: details on the project development, project’s benefits and salary are to be further clarified
How to apply
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to [email protected] , under the title: DRS ref number 10739.
Due to the high number of applications received, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.