LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
Our over 2 million members, our volunteers and staff, and our more than 30 state affiliates (together, the Conservation Voter Movement) work for a more just and equitable democracy, where people—not polluters—determine our future. This movement is an influential national network with unparalleled influence in Washington, DC, in state capitals, and in communities around the country. We are unmatched in our ability to ensure meaningful action on our key issues. We aim to bring people and communities together across racial, geographic, political, religious, economic and other differences toward collective goals instead of dividing us from one another.
LCV is seeking a Social Media Manager to manage the organization’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram presence, with a focus on building and engaging LCV’s overall online community, leading digital rapid response, amplifying LCV’s messaging, and elevating LCV’s brand. The Social Media Manager will play an integral role in crafting LCV’s social media strategy, fine tuning its voice, and leading overall implementation. This role will also focus on mobilizing our audiences to take both online and offline action on pressing environmental issues, engaging members on local and national campaigns, and working to help elect pro-environment candidates. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative writer and social media expert who is passionate about politics to be a part of an innovative team that runs aggressive online campaigns to promote environmental policies and candidates.
- Manage LCV’s social media accounts to engage and grow our online community, including day- to-day content creation that is culturally relevant. Write compelling, creative, engaging copy for all social media channels that amplifies LCV messaging with an emphasis on rapid response. Coordinate with other departments and LCV’s Chispa program to amplify LCV’s programs and ensure consistent messaging across the organization.
- Focus on rapid response to help defeat LCV Victory Fund’s opponents as member of Independent Expenditure team. Support LCV’s organizational and programmatic priority goals on social media.
- Monitor social discovery tools and stay attuned to current events and trending content in order to identify strategic engagement opportunities. Identify and share performance insights to inform the team’s engagement strategies. Identify creative campaign opportunities to mobilize LCV’s base and promote action on climate change, conservation, and environmental justice.
- Work with the Senior Director of Digital Strategy to develop and implement a mid-tier influencer outreach strategy.
- Manage fundraising efforts on social media including launching Facebook Fundraisers.
- Help meet LCV’s ambitious social growth goals on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Analyze social media data and draw actionable insights, including regular audits, to inform our overall social media strategy.
- Work with LCV’s graphic designer to create visually compelling and shareable graphics.
- Participate actively in applying a racial justice lens to all LCV online communications with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise, where communities of color are disproportionately impacted.
- Work with LCV’s state affiliates and other partner organizations to support local and statewide issue and electoral campaigns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience:
- Required – 3-5 years of proven experience managing social media accounts and creating and curating content; experience elevating a brand on social platforms; experience on a political campaign or other experience in politics; proven experience growing social channels reach and influence; experience working in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on rapid response; experience staying on top of news cycles.
- Preferred – Advocacy and nonprofit experience; experience working in the climate movement; experience project managing teams.
- Required – Forward thinking, innovative, and creative mindset that is ready to push LCV forward through social media; excellent communicator, copywriter, and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions; effective working independently and ability to work in fast-paced environment; enthusiastic team player; passionate about the environment and advancing environmental justice.
- Preferred – Experience with photography and/or videography; experience working with influencers; familiarity in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Conditions: Must be willing and able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed; ability and willingness to travel up to 10% for conferences. The location of this position is flexible. Please note that all LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Social Media Manager” in the subject line by June 18, 2020. No phone calls please.