FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
Ministry of Planning, Investment, and EconomicDevelopment
C ountry: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project:Water for Agro-pastoral Productiv ity and Resilience (Biyoole Project)
Assignment Title:Communication Specialist, Biyoole Project, Ministry of Planning, Investment and EconomicDevelopment
Project ID: P167826
Publication Date: May 18,2020
Deadline Date: June 18, 2020
Ref No.< /strong> SO-MOPIED-FGS-172875-CS-INDV
Under the Somali Country Partnership Fra mework (CPF)and aligned with the Drought Impact Needs Assessment (DINA) and the Somalia Recovery and Resilience Framework (RRF), th e FederalGovernment of Somalia developed a project to address constraints to water that agriculture and pastoralist communities fac e. From 2016 – 2018 the World Bank Water for Agro-Pastoralist Livelihoods Pilot Project (WALP) was implemented in Somali landand in Puntland. The project was meant as a first step in a longer journey, designed as a pilot project to learn the right tool sand knowledge to lead the process in the future. The project was relatively short (2.5 years) and small (USD 2 Million), meant totread lightly in the intervention of a precious resource subject both to cooperation and occasional conflict.
Against thisbackdrop, an impressive amount was achieved, not only in terms of institutional strengthening and water provided to rural people andd btheir livestock but also the analytical work and tools that were tested and are now ready for scaling up.
Based on thesucc ss of WALP and framed around rural resilience, the Government of Somalia prepared the Biyoole Project, with support from theWorld B ank. The Project Development Objective (PDO) is “to develop water and agricultural services among agro-pastoralistcommunitiesin dryland areas of Somalia”.
Communications Specialistwill be responsi ble (i) Design a communication and information management strategy, and oversee its implementation and monitoringand evaluation. (i i) Lead the project in developing an internal and external communication strategy aimed at increasing generalknowledge and interestin the project activities and informing stakeholders and wider audiences about the work of the project. (iii) Develop a syste m for documentation and manage the internal flow of information (iv) to perform all necessaryCommunications activities under Somali a Water for Agro-Pastoral Productivity and Resilience (WAPR) – “Biyoole”for the period of the assignment while co ordinating the Communications functions with government counterparts located at Federaland State levels, and (vi) to provide techni cal assistance and build the capacity of Communications staff within the Office of theMinistry of Planning at FGS and FMS levels an d other implementing entities.
He/she will manage the Communicationsactivities of the project in strict compliance with: (i ) the requirements of the Agreement between the World Bank and theGovernment; (ii) the Project Operations Manual (POM) for this pro ject.
The detailed Terms ofReference (ToR) for the assignment can be provided upon submission of app lication in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address isprovided below.
3. The proposed duration for the assignment i s twelve (12) calendar months from the startdate.
4. Selection Criteria
The selection sha ll be based on qualification, experience,and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience, and competenciesinclude:
The Project Communications Specialist should have the f ollowingMinimum Qualifications:
- A post-graduate qualification in Communication, Journalism, Social sciences, Science s ofEducation, Marketing, Business Administration, or related fields.
The Project Communications Specialist should have demonstrable experience in activities as follows:
- A minimum of 5 year professional experience in communications function.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in electronically arch profeving information and documentation
- Experience working in a fragile environment will be anadvantage
- Proven ience in information, communications and campaigning tasks.
- The ability to use modernaudio-visual techniques and communic ations tools
- Good Teamwork, communication and presentation skills
- Theability to draft reader-friendly documentsby simplifying research reports for different target audiences, including the generalpublic.
- Excellent English language both written and oral with great attention to detail
- Excellentorganizational and administrative skills, including the abi lity to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlineswith minimal supervision
- The ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way.
- Ability to adapt priorities inorder to respond to changing demands innovatively.
- Proactive and use of initiative to achieve desiredresults
- Ability to facilitate learning and knowledge management betweenstaff working in the Project and among otherstakeholders
- Well-developed skills in managing websites, ensuring high-quali ty content, and using them as a way topromote external and internal communications.
- Proven ability to manage the design, printing, and distribution ofhigh-quality publications.
- Ability to travel to different regions of Somalia
- Stron g IT skills (Word, Excel,Access)
5. The Ministry of Planning, Investment, and Economic now inv ites eligibleconsulting(“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. InterestedConsultantsshould provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Servicesand furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.1 4,3.16& 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will b 2018 (“Procure selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the WorldBank Procurement Regulati ed Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during officehours from 8.00 a.m.–4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except public holidays.
9. All other specific tasks detailed inthe Terms of Reference (TOR)for the assignment that can be found at the following website: http://mop.gov.so/index.php/jobs/ orcan be provided upon submissionof application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below.
10.Deadline for submission:& nbsp;Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written to the address below (in person,or by e-mail) marked with the subjecttitle of the position by June 18, 2020, at 4.00 p.m. localtime.
Attention: The Procur ement Specialist
Ministry of Planning,Investment, and Economic Development
Federal Governme nt of Somalia
Email Address: [email protected]
Cc: projec [email protected]