U.S. nationals: Hydraulic Specialist
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Sacramento, CA, United States
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
About the Position: Serves as a Hydraulic Specialist within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers South Pacific Division, Engineering Division, Hydrology and Hydraulics Branch.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an authoritative source on statistical methods elated to regional regression studies; derivation of precipitation, flow, and stage frequency curves; and coincidence analyses
- Performs reservoir regulation studies for new or existing reservoirs/reservoir systems that optimizes operations for authorized project purposes.
- Perform flood frequency analyses, for ecosystem restoration or flood reduction projects, on watersheds with large drainage basins, or basins that have a very quick response time due to the steep topography, urbanization, and concrete lined channels.
- Perform hydrologic analyzes for extreme storms including Site Specific Probable Maximum Precipitation (PMP) analyses.
- Perform debris yield analysis for natural areas and recently burned areas including possible coordination with the Hydrologic Engineering Center (HEC) for debris yield calculations.
- Provides technical support and advice to project teams within the region on challenging project analyses and designs utilizing hydrologic engineering tools and principles.
- Participates at public hearings, regional and national level meetings, committees, professional conferences, and workshops on water resource engineering, hydrology and flood frequency analysis issues.
- Mentors and teaches other hydrologists and hydraulic engineers in the District and the Division. Supports integration of technical disciplines and work products by responding to requests for technical advice and assistance.