We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Government Relations Advisor to assist in the development and execution of WaterNSW corporate strategies and associated corporate objectives by proactively building relationships with political stakeholders and decision makers through the provision of accurate, quality advice, enhancing the reputation of the organisation through effective issues management, contributing to the development of internal positions on policies related to water management.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Understand the market environment through regular interaction with and coordination of both Governments up to Ministerial level and team within WaterNSW
- Maintain a current and comprehensive understanding of the political and reform dynamics in the water market and knowledge of the issues impacting WaterNSW, its customers and stakeholders
- Maintain strong, deep relationships with State Governments to Ministerial adviser level so that WaterNSW is regarded as a highly credible contributor to water management and market reform and, from that credibility, has a strong, effective and influential voice in Government decision- making
- Play a key role in coordinating, consolidating and delivering advice on critical issues to key stakeholders within Government. As well as interpreting and synthesising complex issues to provide concise, accurate and timely advice
- Contribute to the articulation of WaterNSW positions on key policy matters and assists in their development
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a tertiary institution.
- Government and Cabinet processes
- Experience in Government either as a Ministerial adviser to a portfolio Minister or as a bureaucrat at agency leadership level whose accountabilities included direct Ministerial advising
- Proven experience in effective issues and reputation management, and delivering solutions to complex policy matters
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
For the successful candidate, this role will see you work as part of a dedicated and passionate team as well as flexible work arrangements including a 9-day fortnight.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
Queries can be directed to: [email protected]
All applications must be lodged via an online application – emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 05.06.2020