Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Natural Resource GIS Analyst (Associate) to support the Eldorado National Forest and Lake Tahoe Basin providing expertise and experience with Esri ArcGIS and some programming experience to maintain the health, diversity, and productivity of the nation’s forests and grasslands. The successful candidate will work with the GIS Program Manager and with resource specialists to develop maps, tabular reports, and creative solutions that support crucial forest management strategies. They will also serve as a subject matter expert on interdisciplinary teams for NEPA-based project design. This position is located at the Eldorado National Forest office in Placerville, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or Earth Science.
- Three years of intensive and progressive experience requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
- Expertise using Esri ArcGIS
- Expertise in programing with Python versions 2 and 3, and ArcPy, for versions of ArcGIS 10.x/11.x, and versions of ArcPro 2.x/3.x.
- Expertise using ArcGIS Online to create data, maps, dashboards, and other online applications.
- Author mobile GIS applications using Survey123, Collector, and QuickCapture
- Write ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) scripts in FME to automate data management
- Expertise with relational databases
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Work-related experience pertaining to natural resource management.
- GIS Project Support
- Requires the use of USFS corporate and other agency Geographic Information System data to perform GIS analysis and produce maps for USFS projects.
- Data capture, map attributing, editing, plotting and reporting as required
- Complete and update metadata records for GIS projects.
- Collect geospatial and resource data using manual and technology assisted methods including GPS and mobile computing technology.
- Incorporate field collected and remote sensing data into corporate geospatial data sets using established procedures.
- Update geospatial data sets for multiple disciplines including recreation, silviculture, wildlife, hydrology, engineering, etc.
- Use standard operations and scripted processes to manipulate and analyze geospatial data to support multi-resource analysis in support of planning.
- Program models and tools in support of resource analysis and data management activities.
- Cartographic and Map Design/Production
- Use GIS software and cartographic tools to create simple thematic and reference maps, following appropriate standards.
- Read and understand metadata to determine appropriate use.
- Use and understand project map templates
Training and Support
- Conduct informal training and provides technical assistance to GIS software users in the development, storage, retrieval and analysis of data.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
- OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
- National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
- Release to Obtain Credit Information
- PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Salary Range: 50k – 65k Annual
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position.
Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Vet/Disability.