Propeller: A Force for Social Innovation is seeking four (4) experienced, focused, and energetic individuals to serve as Lead Mentors for the 12-week Water Impact Accelerator, Food Access Impact Accelerator, Educational Equity Impact Accelerator, and Health Impact Accelerator. Ideally, one Lead Mentor would lead each sector accelerator, which would have 6-9 participants per accelerator.
Selected Lead Mentors will contribute 12-20 hours/week to coach and mentor 6-9 early-stage companies—both for profit and non-profit—that have innovative solutions to water, food access, health, or educational equity challenges. The selected Lead Mentors will have input, if they prefer, on programmatic design and tools to reach desired outcomes.
Lead Mentor activities will include a project scoping session with each participating entrepreneur/company during which an assessment of the needs of the entity will occur and the expectations of program are established. The needs could include generating sales leads, product development, customer validation, strategic prioritization, market understanding, competitive assessment, hiring and retaining employees, organizational structures, legal corporate set up, go to market strategies, intellectual property protection, financial planning and fundraising. Ideally, applicants would be available 12-20 hours/week for in-person one-on-one meetings with ventures, group meetings, and personalized follow-up.
Salary: $50- $80/hour; 12-20 hours
Start Date and End Date: September 9, 2016- December 15, 2016
• Successful experiences with startups and early-stage companies (management, advisory, investor); or experience successfully serving on early stage corporate and/or nonprofit boards; or experiences with a business or division within an entrepreneurial fast-paced company.
• Successful consulting experience with small businesses and nonprofits.
• Passion for one-on-one coaching and group facilitation to achieve entrepreneurial focus, traction, and measurable business growth.
• Experience with investor readiness & willingness to support networking strategies.
• Very strong listening and communication skills.
• (preferred) Sector expertise in water, food access, health, or educational equity.
About Propeller: A Force for Social Innovation
Propeller: A Force for Social Innovation is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to supporting social innovation in New Orleans. We drive social, environmental, and economic impact in New Orleans by incubating ventures that have the potential to solve our city’s most pressing issues. Our vision is to build a critical mass of entrepreneurs tackling key challenges in our issue areas of food security, water management, healthcare, and educational equity in order to make significant change for underserved individuals.
Propeller and its Fellows have received local and national recognition in The New York Times, TIME, Los Angeles Times, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Wired, Forbes, The Advocate and The Times Picayune. To learn more about our impact in educational equity, please visit, www.gopropeller.org/sectors/education.
Propeller is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minority individuals are encouraged to submit applications.