- $101,955 – $115,005 (plus super)
- Sydney CBD, NSW
Estate and Infrastructure Group (E&IG), Service Delivery Division, has a vacant EL 1 Assistant Director Environment & Sustainability (ADES) position within the East West Zone, located in Sydney. Within the Department of Defence, E&IG is responsible for the planning, development and management of Defence landholdings and facilities to support current and future capability.
We are seeking a tertiary qualified environmental specialist with extensive experience working in the environmental field to lead a team of environmental professionals located across New South Wales. Our Environment and Sustainability Team plays a critical role in enabling Defence capability by ensuring all activities across our Estate are compliant with legislative requirements, and Defence policies and procedures. The Defence Estate encompasses a diverse range of management challenges including remote sites, marine areas, endangered species and ecological communities, contaminated sites, European and Indigenous heritage, pollution prevention and sustainable land management.
The successful candidate will be required to represent the interests of Defence in consultations and negotiations with both internal and external stakeholders. The ADES plays an integral part in implementing the Defence Environmental Policy and Defence Environmental Strategic plan to ensure that Defence is a leader in sustainable environmental management to support the ADF’s capability to defend Australia and its national interests.
We value our team and expect at the Executive Level you will lead by example, demonstrating polished and professional Leadership Behaviours, encouraging creative and innovative problem solving and developing a collaborative, highly functioning and adaptable team.
This Executive Position will suit you if:
• You hold the mandatory tertiary environmental Qualifications.
• Have a extensive experience relevant environmental and team management experience.
• Enjoy leading a skilled technical team, comfortable knowledge sharing and supporting your colleagues, and have the skills to develop effective relationships with colleagues, customers and service partners, across a number of disciplines in a large complex organisation.
• Are passionate and pragmatic about environmental management.
• Thrive in a fast paced environment where you’re given latitude to manage multiple responsibilities supported by a geographically dispersed team.
• Have experience with stakeholder management and service delivery.
What’s on offer for you
• Opportunity to join a large Commonwealth Government Agency, utilising your diverse skills, where no two days are the same.
• Building your leadership and technical skills is a priority for us.
• Investment in your career path.
Further enquiries about the position can be made to the Contact Officer on 0439 407 825.