Arcadis seeks a passionate Intelligent Water Engineer/Modeler with 5 – 7 years’ experience. This position will work within our national Intelligent Water Team to join our Akron, OH office and contribute to our world class projects locally and throughout the country.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and independent professional to join our team locally with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country. The Engineer will utilize their professional experience and technical knowledge of hydraulics, water distribution planning and modeling, and wastewater collection planning and modeling, combined with data analytics and intelligent water as part of our local project teams developing innovative solutions throughout the national market. This is an excellent opportunity with high potential for growth, including leading and executing tasks and projects, mentoring junior staff, and developing project pursuits and opportunities.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform engineering activities for water distribution hydraulics, including pumping evaluations, flow test studies, water quality investigations, system planning, hydraulic and water quality model development, master plans and feasibility studies.
- Performs engineering activities for wastewater collection system and stormwater modeling, evaluations, investigations, planning, master plans and feasibility studies.
- Assist with intelligent water solutions development and implementation.
- Assist with water conveyance systems and asset management data analytics.
- Develop and review technical reports for projects.
- Engineer to be responsible for providing technical expertise on existing and new water and wastewater modeling projects.
- Assists others with defining scope of work and objectives and developing pursuits through a strong understanding of business line and industry requirements.
- Facilitates coordination for timely completion and submission of project deliverables.
- Engineer is expected to maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge by having regular participation with industry Association’s; attending workshops, making presentations and reviewing professional publications.
- Exercises independent judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Ensures project compliance with all Arcadis’ practices and quality and safety standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; skills to include – public speaking, ability to communicate effectively as part of a team and with clients and for the preparation/development of technical documents.
- Project delivery experience as a Planning / Technical Lead, with budgeting, schedule monitoring, client management and project controls.
Because of COVID-19 this is a general job posting and not tied to a specific current open position, however this could change once business conditions change. Please make sure you create a SAVED SEARCH to be alerted of specific opportunities of interest. Candidates who submit their resume to this posting may be considered for all future openings as they arise.
- 5 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field of study.
- Engineer in Training Certification (EIT).
- Hydraulic modeling & engineering experience for evaluations, investigations, planning, feasibility studies and modeling of water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
- Experience with GIS and EPANET-based water distribution modeling software.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Hydraulic Modeling software experience, including the following software: InfoWater, InfoWorks, WaterGEMS, SWMM, EPANET.
- Experience with data processing and visualization software, including: Tableau and PowerBI.
- 7 years of experience.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Environment Engineering or related field of study.
- Current Professional Engineer (Ohio) License.
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About this Business Line
Water, perhaps the world’s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle – from source to tap and back again – while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.