WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Michael Baker has an immediate opening for a dynamic early career Water Resources Engineer in our growing Hydraulics Group based in Dallas, TX. The Water Resource Engineer will work within an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and inspectors to perform engineering analysis and design in support of design-build and final design for ongoing projects.
The Drainage Engineer will perform hydrological & hydraulic calculations and modeling, assist with developing technical reports, technical exhibits and design drawings.
- Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
- Watershed analysis, hydrograph, peak discharge development and routing
- Software experience includes: HEC1, HEC-HMS, SWMM/XP-SWMM, TR-55, and HSPF Method programs
- Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage
- Understanding of various FHWA hydraulic engineering circulars and design series
- Flood analysis and knowledge of the NFIP including CLOMR and LOMRs
- Stormwater quantity / quality calculations, NPDES compliance, and erosion control requirements
- Software experience includes: HY-8, Culvert Master, HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, Storm CAD, Pond Pack, and Flow Master
- Drainage Design
- Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
- Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak, Inroads, OpenRoads or similar 3D stormwater modeling preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- The candidate will aid in plan production, specifications, estimate and drainage design development for final design projects
- Proficiency with Micro Station, AutoCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPA-SWMM, XP-Storm 2D and Geographical Information Systems
- -4 years Design experience or Design-Build project experience
- Course work in hydrology, hydrodynamics, and water or wastewater treatment processes
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and support project efforts