About the Position: This position serves as the Chief Operating Officer for the Washington Aqueduct, overseeing Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and Controls/Cyber Security. Located in Washington, D.C., the Washington Aqueduct serves the seat of Government and the Nation’s Capital. The Aqueduct was built by and is superintended by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.”
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Competitive Service Positions under 5 U.S.C. 9905.
- Act for the Chief of the Washington Aqueduct, relieving the Chief of administrative, technical and coordinative duties short of major policy decisions.
- Direct and coordinate all Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and Process Controls in support of the Washington Aqueduct’s mission.
- Work with the Chief in coordinating with key regional stakeholders and the Washington Aqueduct’s Wholesale Customer Board.
- Solve difficult and unusual problems related to policy, legislation, regional interests and cooperation in coordinating operating activities.
- Build and manage organizational needs.
- Perform a wide range of administrative and supervisory personnel management functions such as recruitment, evaluating performance, recommending and implementing discipline, resolving disputes and establishes organizational controls for same.