We are seeking a candidate with a strong journalistic background who has exemplary writing skills and experience in strategic communications, preferable in a government setting. The successful candidate will be able to quickly digest and condense large amounts of complex information, while working under deadline pressure. The role involves producing of written content for the department’s internal and external channels, communicating the work of the Water and Catchments Group in managing the state’s water resources.
You will contribute to effective communication strategies and support the team to develop new and innovative ways to communicate to the Victorian public. A key focus of the role is producing event packs for the Minister for Water as well as web content, social media content, internal news articles and media releases for the department.
- Experience in writing, producing and sharing a range of content and channels
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in journalism, digital communications or public relations, preferably in a government setting.
- A background in journalism and newspaper editorial experience is preferred.
- Good understanding of social media and digital channels with experience in measurement and reporting.
This is an ongoing position.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the key selection criteria and any job requirements specified in the position description.
DELWP will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- A Statutory Declaration and Consent form consenting to DELWP contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-DELWP employees).
Applications close at midnight, Monday 1 June 2020.