- Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and contribute to a better NSW water future
- Ongoing full-time role available, NSW location negotiable
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $90,661 to $113,859 (plus super and annual leave loading)
Our Water Group is currently seeking a Water Resource Officer, Evaluation and Reporting to join their Water Planning Implementation team.
As the Water Resource Officer, Evaluation and Reporting you will provide technical expertise and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the implementation and evaluation of water management plans achieve water reform and policy outcomes, with particular focus on evaluation and reporting.
You will evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of water management plans, programs and initiatives, and prepare reports and technical data to ensure plan requirements are implemented. You will also contribute to ground and surface water management projects and report on the progress and implementation of water management plans to inform business decision making.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, natural resources, engineering or a relevant discipline
- Knowledge and experience in undertaking natural resource planning, evaluation, and/or water resource management processes
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong research and analysis skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a politically sensitive environment with challenging workloads and competing demands
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment drives Government priorities across key areas such as long-term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries.
Our Water Group exists to efficiently manage water in NSW with the objective to create a contemporary government water agency focused on planning and policy, regulation, information and insights, and programs and performance.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11:55PM
Enquiries: Allan Raine, A/Director Water Planning Implementation on 0427 452 202 or via email at [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.