- Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and high performing team
- Ongoing full-time role available, NSW location negotiable
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $90,661 to $113,859 (plus super and annual leave loading)
Our Water Group is currently seeking a Data Analyst, Environmental Water Management to join their new Environmental Water Management Team which is responsible for driving implementation solutions for environmental water management across NSW.
As a Data Analyst you will undertake analysis and investigations of flow events to inform the use and movement of environmental water. You will also undertake data analysis to support the evaluation and review of environmental watering actions to support ongoing adaptive management principles and drive improved environmental water management.
This is a key new role which supports the development and implementation of improved environmental water management and informs water management policy and planning for NSW. You will work closely with our partner agencies and key stakeholders to mutually enhance knowledge and understanding of the application of developments and learnings to complex environmental water management issues.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree qualifications in engineering, natural resources, environmental science or a related discipline
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following hydrologic disciplines: water resources management, water allocation, or open channel hydraulics
- Proven experience in undertaking planning, evaluation and/or water resource management processes
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships through strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Proven experience in assessing the suitability of hydrologic and hydraulic datasets, data analysis and outputs for natural resource management requirements
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment drives Government priorities across key areas such as long-term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries
Our Water Group exists to efficiently manage water in NSW with the objective to create a contemporary government water agency focused on planning and policy, regulation, information and insights, and programs and performance.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11:55PM
Enquiries: Emma Howey, A/Manager Planning Implementation on 02 6763 1400
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.