- Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and contribute to a better NSW water future
- Ongoing full-time role available, NSW location negotiable
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $118,507 to $128,089 (plus super and annual leave loading)
Our Water Group is currently seeking a Senior Water Resource Officer, Economic Analyst to join their Water Planning Implementation team.
As the Senior Water Resource Officer, Economic Analyst you will provide key specialist expertise in the area of water resource economics to support effective decision making and the implementation of water management plans, policies and procedures to achieve water reform and policy outcomes.
You will be responsible for evaluating the economic effectiveness of water management programs and initiatives, as well as preparing reports and developing solutions that address water planning and policy gaps, inconsistencies and implementation obstacles. You will work in a complex and time constrained environment with changing technical and policy developments, while meeting sustainable water management outcomes that deliver social and economic benefits to the community of NSW.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, natural resource economics, or a relevant discipline
- Comprehensive understanding of state and federal natural resource management frameworks, in particular reference to water resource management and the water economy
- Strong communication and collaboration skills which enables you to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a politically sensitive environment with challenging workloads and competing demands
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment drives Government priorities across key areas such as long-term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries.
Our Water Group exists to efficiently manage water in NSW with the objective to create a contemporary government water agency focused on planning and policy, regulation, information and insights, and programs and performance.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11:55PM
Enquiries: Allan Raine, A/Director Water Planning Implementation on 0427 452 202 or via email at [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.