- Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and contribute to a better NSW water future
- Ongoing full-time role available, NSW location negotiable
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $118,507 to $128,089 (plus super and annual leave loading)
Our Water Group is currently seeking a Senior Water Resource Officer, Evaluation and Reporting to join their Water Planning Implementation team.
As the Senior Water Resource Officer, Evaluation and Reporting you will lead and contribute to the broader water management functions to promote the integration of water management issues from a number of water disciplines across the business. You will establish and foster collaborative relationships with other agencies and business areas to gain commitment to the implementation of effective water management plans.
You will also undertake complex investigations and develop solutions that address water resource management, implementation, planning and policy gaps and inconsistencies. This is a key role which provides specialist expertise in the area of water resource management plans to support effective decision making to achieve water reform and policy outcomes.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, natural resources or a relevant discipline
- Knowledge and experience in undertaking evaluations of natural resource management plans, programs and/or policies
- Comprehensive understanding of state and federal natural resource management frameworks, in particular reference to water resource management
- Strong communication and collaboration skills which enables you to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a politically sensitive environment with challenging workloads and competing demands
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment drives Government priorities across key areas such as long-term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries.
Our Water Group exists to efficiently manage water in NSW with the objective to create a contemporary government water agency focused on planning and policy, regulation, information and insights, and programs and performance.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11:55PM
Enquiries: Allan Raine, A/Director Water Planning Implementation on 0427 452 202 or via email at [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.